Your Alma Mater / Thankful
It is hard to believe that we have reached the end of another year. Is it just me, or was 2021 a blur for anyone else?
Perhaps we all become a bit oblivious to time when our schedules are full and there seems to be so much going on around us. But it’s important that we pause long enough to take inventory of our surroundings and think on those things for which we are thankful. Sure, life delivers unique challenges to all of us, but my “thankful list” far outnumbers any list to the contrary.
Here are a few things in 2021 for which I am thankful:
- For my family, who support me throughout every minute I am away from them so I can better serve our alma mater, my fellow alumni and countless supporters of UToledo.
- To lead our Alumni Engagement Team and to be surrounded by amazingly talented people everyday at the UToledo Foundation.
- For the more than 240 alumni who joined the Alumni Association as Lifetime Members this calendar year.
- For the thousands of alumni who joined the Alumni Association as Annual Members for the first time or renewed their Annual Membership this year.
- For the alumni and friends who attended one of 132 events we’ve hosted so far in 2021.
Finally, I am thankful for all of you. Many of you support our Alumni Association and our University by way of your time, talent and treasure. We are who we are because of special people like you.
May you and your family have a wonderful holiday season. Stay safe and stay well!
William L. Pierce ’99, ’09
Associate Vice President of Alumni Engagement
Executive Director and Lifetime Member of The University of Toledo Alumni Association