Your Alma Mater / Art on the Mall is Back
Art on the Mall began in 1992 and has been hosted each summer, until last year when the COVID-19 pandemic forced us to cancel the juried art show. As one of the Alumni Association’s longest-standing events, and arguably a tradition, it was a difficult decision to pause the show. However, we did so out of an abundance of caution for our artists, staff and the community that has supported this show for many years.
We are pleased to announce Art on the Mall will be back this year on Sunday, July 25. Due to major construction on Centennial Mall, the free art show will be hosted at the Center for Alumni and Donor Engagement, located at 4510 Dorr St., Toledo, 43615. From 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., nearly 100 artists from around the country will showcase a mix of artwork including acrylic, glass, pen and ink, oil, mixed media, metals, photography, ceramics and jewelry.
A few additional event details:
- A Young Artist Area for budding artists to try their hand at creating their own masterpiece
- Live jazz music will be playing throughout the day
- Various food options available at both ends of the show
- Pay with cash or credit card at the artist’s booths
- Free parking is available at the front of the property
- Golf cart shuttle service is available to transport guests and their packages to and from their vehicles
We hope you will join us for the 2021 Art on the Mall and other in-person events that we are planning over the next year.
Thank you for your continued support! Stay safe and stay well.
William L. Pierce ’99, ’09
Associate Vice President of Alumni Engagement
Executive Director and Lifetime Member of The University of Toledo Alumni Association